2008 spread the word
Here are some ideas to help spread the word about WordCamp UK 2008, please add any other ideas you may have below.
In the community spirit of the event - if you only spend 5 minutes doing a couple of these things you can really make a difference! This has been solely organised by many people within the UK WordPress community... in fact every one of us have even bought tickets!
- Install the WordCamp UK 2008 Link Love plugin! This allows you to automatically display a choice of different corner banners into your WordPress site about WordCamp UK 2008. You don't have to alter any template files, just upload, install and configure through the admin page!
- Interested in becoming a sponsor? Download a full information pack here. This details everything you need to know about WordPress, WordCamp UK 2008 and the various sponsorship benefits.
- Tell all your friends... obviously!! Anyone from the casual blogger right upto developer and everyone in-between will get a-lot from WordCamp UK!
- Make a post on your blog, with links to this wiki or the blog - use the tag 'wordcampuk'.
- Visit the WordCamp UK Blog, join and write some content, leave a comment, or simply vote in the polls - get involved!
- Start a new thread on the forums you visit, and respond accordingly to any responses.
- Change your forum signature (just for the next days!) to promote WordCampUK, with the date, links to this wiki and the blog. Remember that every post/thread you have ever made on that forum will change... This is a great way to spread the word, and takes 30 seconds!
- Do the same with your email signature.
- Enter your blog, template design or plugin into The Humphrey Awards. This is going to build up to be a great competition, with awards ceremony to be held during WordCamp UK so get going guys!
Let's be clear on one thing though - this is not a spamming campaign!
Just do your bit to make sure no-one misses out on the opportunity of attending (or sponsoring) this years event!!